Registration Now Open for 2016 Drive, Chip & Putt Championship
Founded in 2012 by The Masters Tournament, United States Golf Association and the PGA of America, the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship is a free nationwide youth golf initiative open to boys and girls ages 7-15, competing in seperate divisions in four age categories. In its third year, the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship will open qualifying locations throughout all 50 states during the months of May, June, July and August. Top performers at the local level will advance through sub-regional and regional qualifiers in July/August and September, respectively. The top 80 performers – 40 boys and 40 girls – will earn an invitation to the National Finals at Augusta National.
The breakdown of the 2016 Drive, Chip and Putt Championship local qualifying schedule for New York State is as follows:
- Fri., June 26 – Buffalo Tournament Club – Lancaster, N.Y.
- Thurs., July 02 – Timber Banks GC – Baldwinsville, N.Y.
- Tues., July 07 – Vestal Hills CC – Binghamton, N.Y.
- Thurs., July 09 – Harbor Links GC – Port Washington, N.Y.
- Thurs., July 09 – Ravenwood GC – Victor, N.Y.
- Sat., July 11 – Town of Colonie GC – Schenectady, N.Y.
- Mon., July 13 – Apawamis Club – Rye, N.Y.
- Sat., July 18 – Saratoga National GC – Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- Mon., July 20 – Colonial Springs GC – Farmingdale, N.Y.
- Thurs., July 23 – Sunken Meadow GC – Kings Park, N.Y.
- Mon., July 27 – Knollwood CC – Elmsford, N.Y.
For local qualifying, parents/guardians must complete an online entry application – available now – on behalf of participants. Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT on the date five days prior to the local qualifier. There is no entry fee.
From local qualifying, the three overall point earners in each of the boys and girls divisions from the four age brackets (7-9, 10-11, 12-13, 14-15) will advance to sub-regional qualifying. In the sub-regional competition, the top two performers in each of the boys and girls division from the four age categories will advance to regional qualifying. In the regional competition, the top performer in each of the boys and girls division from the four age categories will advance to the National Finals to be held on the Sunday before the Masters Tournament (April 3, 2016).
For more information about the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship, including official rules, full eligibility information or to register, please visit www.DriveChipandPutt.com.
To view the full qualifying schedule, including sub-regional and regional qualifying locations, please click here.