2017 N.Y.S. Men's Mid-Amateur Championship
$150 ($100 to qualify + $50 championship fee)
Wednesday, August 16 at 5:00pm
Yahnundasis Golf Club
Entries are open to male amateur golfers who are members of the NYSGA, have reached their 25th birthday by September 22, 2017, and have an active Handicap Index of 8.4 or less (at time of entry), issued by a golf club which is licensed to use the USGA Handicap System. A member of the NYSGA is defined as a dues paying member of a NYSGA Member Club, which includes NYSGA eClubs.
ENTRIES: FORM, FEE, CLOSING DATE
All players must submit their entry prior to the tournament's entry deadline (5:00 PM on WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2017). A player may register online through the NYSGA website (www.nysga.org). Any entries submitted via mail, email or fax will not be accepted.
The entry fee of $100 must be paid when entry is submitted. The second fee of $50 is charged to your credit card on file only after you qualify for the championship. The first $100 fee will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at email@example.com) before the close of entries. After the close of entries, the fee will be refunded in the event of injury or illness, if requested 24 hours prior to the start of your assigned qualifier. A $15 service fee will be deducted from all refunds.
FORMAT & FIELD SIZE
This championship will be conducted in two stages:
- Sectional Qualifying: Is required of all non-exempt players who wish to qualify for this championship. The format of each qualifier is 18 holes of individual stroke play. The number of qualifying spots allocated to each site will be announced once entry closes (August 16, 2017). All players tied for the last qualifying spot advance, so there are no playoffs required to determining advancing players or alternates. To view the information for each qualifier (contestant information PDF, pairings, and results), click the "Qualifying Schedule" tab below.
- Championship: 132 players will be included in the field, which will include exempt players and sectional qualifying place winners. The format of the championship is 54 holes of stroke play. There is a cut after 18 holes to the low 60 players and ties, and another cut after 36 holes to the low 30 players and ties.
PLAYERS EXEMPT FROM QUALIFYING
There is a small list of players who are exempt from qualifying for this championship as determined by the NYSGA Executive Committee. If you are a golfer who wishes to be considered for a special exemption, please contact Andrew Hickey, NYSGA Assistant Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a formal written request and your playing resume.
EXEMPTION CATEGORIES (2016)
1. N.Y.S. Men's Mid-Am Champions - Past 10 Years
2. 2016 N.Y.S. Men's Mid-Am - Top 15 & Ties
3. N.Y.S. Men's Am Champions - Past 10 Years
4. 2017 N.Y.S. Men's Am - Top 20 & Ties
5. 2017 N.Y.S. Men's Senior Am Champion
6. 2017 N.Y.S. Men's Am Four-Ball Champions
7. 2016 USGA Men's State Team
8. Regional Golf Association Champions
9. Yahnundasis GC Special Exemptions (2)
For the full Exemption list, Click Here
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday, September 21 // Registration and Practice Rounds
Friday, September 22 // Round 1, 18 Holes
Saturday, September 23 // Round 2, 18 Holes
Sunday, September 24 // Round 3, 18 Holes
The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and R&A govern play. See applicable championship or qualifying round Notice to Players for additional Local Rules and Conditions, which will be made available to all competitors prior to their play. All questions will be resolved by authorized representatives of the NYSGA Committee, whose decisions shall be final.
NYSGA HARD CARD
Click here to view the NYSGA Hard Card, which includes Local Rules and Conditions for Competitions in 2017
NYSGA POLICIES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
All players are expected to read and abide by the NYSGA Policies and Code of Conduct (click here).
AUTOMATIVE TRANSPORTATION AND PULL CARTS
A player is permitted to use automotive transportation during any round of this championship. Cart fees are included in the qualifying rounds, and the fee for championship play will be determined by the host club. Pull carts, whether manual or electric, are also approved for this championship.
A player is allowed to employ a caddie during any round of this championship
YAHNUNDASIS GOLF CLUB
NYSGA Championships Hosted:
1988, 1999, 2009 N.Y.S. Men's Senior Amateur Championship
1975, 1981 N.Y.S. Junior Amateur Championships
1993 N.Y.S. Women's Amateur Championship