2017 N.Y.S. Men's Amateur Championship
$100 to Qualify ($50 Championship Fee)
Friday, June 16 at 5:00pm
Bethpage State Park - Black Course
Entries are open to male amateur golfers who are members of the NYSGA and have an up-to-date Handicap Index not exceeding 7.4, issued by a golf club which is licensed to use the USGA Handicap System. A member of the NYSGA is defined as either (1) a dues paying member of an NYSGA Member Club or (2) a resident of New York State who is a 2017 NYSGA Associate Member.
ENTRIES: FORM, FEE, CLOSING DATE
All players must submit their entry prior to the tournament's entry deadline (5:00 PM on FRIDAY, JUNE 16, 2017). A player may register online through the NYSGA website (www.nysga.org). Entries submitted via mail, email or fax will not be accepted.
The entry fee of $100 must be paid when entry is submitted. The second fee of $100 is charged to your credit card on file only after you qualify for the championship. The first entry fee will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) before the close of entries. After the close of entries, the fee will be refunded in the event of injury or illness, if requested 24 hours prior to the start of your assigned qualifier. A $15 service fee will be deducted from all refunds.
FORMAT & FIELD SIZE
This championship will be conducted in two stages:
- Sectional Qualifying: Is required of all non-exempt players who wish to qualify for this championship. The format of each qualifier is 18 holes of individual stroke play. The number of qualifying spots allocated to each site will be announced once entry closes (June 16). All players tied for the last qualifying spot advance, so there are no playoffs required to determining advancing players. To view the information for each qualifier (contestant information PDF, pairings, and results), click the "Qualifying Schedule" tab below.
- Championship: Approximately 144 players will be included in the field, which will include exempt players and sectional qualifying place winners. The format of the championship is 72 holes of stroke play. There is a cut after 36 holes to the low 40 players and ties.
PLAYERS EXEMPT FROM QUALIFYING
There is a small list of players who are exempt from qualifying for this championship as determined by the NYSGA Executive Committee. If you are a golfer who wishes to be considered for a special exemption, please contact Andrew Hickey, NYSGA Assistant Executive Director, at email@example.com with a formal written request and your playing resume.
EXEMPTION CATEGORIES (2017)
1. N.Y.S. Men's Am Champions - Past 10 Years
2. 2016 N.Y.S. Men's Am - Top 20 & Ties
3. N.Y.S. Men's Mid-Am Champions - Past 5 Years
4. 2016 N.Y.S. Men's Mid-Am - Top 5 & Ties
5. 2016 N.Y.S. Men's Senior Am Champion
6. 2016 N.Y.S. Junior Am Champion & Runner-Up
7. 2017 N.Y.S. Men's Am Four-Ball Champions
8. 2017 NYSPHSAA Boys' Golf Champion & Runner-Up
9. 2016 USGA Men's State Team
10. Regional Golf Association Champions
11. Special Exemptions (Committee Discretion)
12. Bethpage State Park Special Exemption (2)
For the complete Exemption list, Click Here
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Monday, August 7 // Registration and Practice Rounds
Tuesday, August 8 // Round 1, 18 Holes
Wednesday, August 9 // Round 2, 18 Holes
Thursday, August 10 // Round 3 (AM), 18 Holes, Round 4 (PM), 18 Holes
The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and R&A govern play. See applicable championship or qualifying round Notice to Players for additional Local Rules and Conditions, which will be made available to all competitors prior to their play. All questions will be resolved by authorized representatives of the NYSGA Committee, whose decisions shall be final.
NYSGA HARD CARD
Click here to view the NYSGA Hard Card, which includes Local Rules and Conditions for Competitions in 2017
NYSGA POLICIES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
All players are expected to read and abide by the NYSGA Policies and Code of Conduct (click here).
AUTOMATIVE TRANSPORTATION AND PULL CARTS
A player is permitted to use automotive transportation during qualifying rounds only, with the fee included in the tournament's entry. Pull carts, whether manual or electric, are also approved for this championship.
A player is allowed to employ a caddie during any round of this championship.
Bethpage State Park Golf COURSE
Club Address: 99 Quaker Meeting House Road, Farmingdale, NY 11735
Pro Shop Phone: (516) 249-4040
Website: Click Here
Course Architect: A.W. Tillinghast