93rd N.Y.S. Men's Amateur Championship
$150 ($100 to qualify + $50 championship fee)
Thursday, June 11 at 5:00pm
Kaluhyat Golf Club at Turning Stone
Entry is open to male amateur golfers who meet the following requirements:
- Membership: New York residents must be a member of a NYSGA member club or have joined the association as a 2015 NYSGA Associate Member. For a non resident to be considered a member of the NYSGA, they must belong to a Type I NYSGA member club.
- Handicap: Have an up-to-date Handicap Index, issued by a golf club licensed to use the USGA Handciap System, of 7.4 or less. This requirement will be reviewed at the time of the entry deadline. Any player who does not meet this requirement will be removed from the qualifying field and refunded their full entry fee.
- Age: This championship is open to players of all ages.
- Format, Field Size and Schedule
Format & Field Fize
This championship will be conducted in two stages:
- Sectional Qualifying: Is required of all non-exempt players who wish to qualify for this championship. The format of each qualifier is 18 holes of individual stroke play. The number of qualifying spots allocated to each site will be announced once entry closes on June 11. All players tied for the last qualifying spot advance, so there are no playoffs required to determing advancing players or alternates. To view the information for each qualifier (contestant information PDF, pairings, and results), click the "Qualifying Schedule" tab below.
- Championship: 144 players will be included in the field, which will include exempt players and sectional qualifying place winners. The format of the championship is 72 holes of stroke play. There is a cut after 36 holes to the low 40 players and ties.
Players Exempt From Qualifying
There is a small list of players who are exempt from qualifying for this championship as determined by the NYSGA Executive Committee. If you are a golfer who wishes to be considered for a special exemption, please contact Andrew Hickey, NYSGA Director of Rules and Competitions, at email@example.com with a formal written request and your playing resume.
Exemption Categories for 2015
1. N.Y.S. Men's Amateur Champions - Previous 10 Years
2. 2015 N.Y.S. Men's Amateur - Top 20 & Ties
3. N.Y.S. Men's Mid-Amateur Champions - Previous 5 Years
4. 2014 N.Y.S. Men's Mid-Amateur - Top 5 & Ties
5. 2014 N.Y.S. Men's Senior Amateur Champion
6. 2014 N.Y.S. Junior Amateur Champion & Runner-Up
7. 2015 N.Y.S. Men's Four-Ball Champions
8. 2015 NYSPHSAA Boys' Golf Champion & Runner-Up
9. 2014 USGA Men's State Team
10. Regional Golf Association Champions
Schedule of Events
The tentative schedule of events has been set as follows:
Monday, July 20 // Registration and Practice Rounds
Tuesday, July 21 // Round 1, 18 Holes
Wednesday, July 22 // Round 2, 18 Holes
Thursday, July 23 // Round 3 (AM), 18 Holes, Round 4 (PM), 18 Holes
- Host Club
- Qualifying Schedule
Listed below is the 2015 qualifying schedule for this championship. Additional sites will be added as they are confirmed.
Region Site Date Albany The Edison Club Tuesday, June 16 Binghamton Vestal Hills CC Monday, June 29 Buffalo Crag Burn GC Monday, June 22 Finger Lakes Wayne Hills CC Sunday, July 5 Long Island Great Rock GC Wednesday, June 24 Mid-Hudson Hollow Brook CC Wednesday, July 1 North Country Malone GC TBD Rochester Brookwoods CC Thursday, June 18 Syracuse Lake Shore Yacht & CC Wednesday, June 24 Utica/Rome Yahnundasis GC Friday, June 26