93rd N.Y.S. Men's Amateur Championship
$150 ($100 to qualify + $50 championship fee)
Thursday, June 11 at 5:00pm
Kaluhyat Golf Club at Turning Stone
Entries are open to male amateur golfers who are members of the NYSGA and have an active Handicap Index of 7.4 or less, issued by a golf club which licensed to use the USGA Handicap System. A member of the NYSGA is defined as either (1) a dues paying member of an NYSGA Member Club or (2) a resident of New York State who is a 2015 NYSGA Associate Member.
ENTRIES: FORM, FEE, CLOSING DATE
All players must submit their entry prior to the tournament's entry deadline (5 P.M. on THURSDAY, JUNE 11, 2015). A player may register online through the NYSGA website (www.nysga.org). Entries submitted via mail, email or fax will not be accepted.
The entry fee of $100 must be paid when entry is submitted. The second fee of $50 is charged to your credit card on file only after you qualify for the championship. The first $100 fee will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) before the close of entries. After the close of entries, the fee will be refunded in the event of injury or illness, if requested 24 hours prior to the start of your assigned qualifier. A $15 service fee will be deducted from all refunds.
FORMAT & FIELD SIZE
This championship will be conducted in two stages:
- Sectional Qualifying: Is required of all non-exempt players who wish to qualify for this championship. The format of each qualifier is 18 holes of individual stroke play. The number of qualifying spots allocated to each site will be announced once entry closes on June 11. All players tied for the last qualifying spot advance, so there are no playoffs required to determing advancing players or alternates. To view the information for each qualifier (contestant information PDF, pairings, and results), click the "Qualifying Schedule" tab below.
- Championship: 144 players will be included in the field, which will include exempt players and sectional qualifying place winners. The format of the championship is 72 holes of stroke play. There is a cut after 36 holes to the low 40 players and ties.
GOLF CARTS - NEW FOR 2015
The NYSGA executive committee has approved the use of golf carts for all stages of this championship.
PLAYERS EXEMPT FROM QUALIFYING
There is a small list of players who are exempt from qualifying for this championship as determined by the NYSGA Executive Committee. If you are a golfer who wishes to be considered for a special exemption, please contact Andrew Hickey, NYSGA Director of Rules and Competitions, at email@example.com with a formal written request and your playing resume.
EXEMPTION CATEGORIES (2015)
1. N.Y.S. Men's Am Champions - Past 10 Years
2. 2015 N.Y.S. Men's Am - Top 20 & Ties
3. N.Y.S. Men's Mid-Am Champions - Past 5 Years
4. 2014 N.Y.S. Men's Mid-Am - Top 5 & Ties
5. 2014 N.Y.S. Men's Senior Am Champion
6. 2014 N.Y.S. Junior Am Champion & Runner-Up
7. 2015 N.Y.S. Men's Am Four-Ball Champions
8. 2015 NYSPHSAA Boys' Golf Champion & Runner-Up
9. 2014 USGA Men's State Team
10. Regional Golf Association Champions
11. Special Exemptions (Committee Discretion)
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Monday, July 20 // Registration and Practice Rounds
Tuesday, July 21 // Round 1, 18 Holes
Wednesday, July 22 // Round 2, 18 Holes
Thursday, July 23 // Round 3 (AM), 18 Holes, Round 4 (PM), 18 Holes
The USGA's Rules of Golf and any local rules adopted by the NYSGA will govern play. These conditions will be made available to all competitors prior to play. All questions will be resolved by authorized representatives of the NYSGA Committee, whose decisions shall be final.
AUTOMATIVE TRANSPORTATION AND PULL CARTS - NEW FOR 2015
A player is permitted from using automative transportation during any round of this championship (including qualifying rounds). Pull carts, whether manual or electric, are also approved for this championship.
A player is allowed to employ a caddie during any round of this championship (including qualifying rounds).
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES (RANGE FINDERS)
A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g., gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is DISQUALIFICATION, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.
Distance measuring applications on smart phones may be used as long as the player’s phone/application meets the requirements stated above.
The use of metal or cermaic spikes is PROHIBITED. Any contestants breaching this condition will be DISQUALIFIED.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All players are expected to read and abide by the NYSGA Code of Conduct (click here).